Home of The Sleepers by David Greaves
For some it is the job; for others it is life.
Latest episodes are available below or go to the blog page for all chapters.
- Reading 30: Ch 51 – Sleeping Beauty, Epilogue – DreamlandJohn and Ray face off for the future of sleepers, clients, Jane, and Project Cumulus.
- Reading 29: Ch 50 – Cutting StringsJohn’s past confronts him about Project Cumulus, revealing true intentions.
- Reading 28: Ch 48 – Original Thought, Ch 49 – VisionRay pushes forward with the Cumulus Drug; nightmares become a true reality.
- Reading 27: Ch 46 – Family Ties, Ch 47 – RecruitmentOne more mystery is revealed from Jane & Ray’s dinner; Jane first visits Sleep Towers.
- Reading 26: Ch 45 – NightmaresEveryone experiences their own form of nightmares, past and present, as the love triangle grows closer together.
- Reading 25: Ch 44 – Deja VuJohn and Jane trial concepts to manipulate Ray into finding the Cumulus Drug.
Thank you for visiting SleepFree Inc. I’ll be reading a new chapter each week. Special thanks to Greg Daly for the intro/outro music and Jakob Bell for the SleepFree graphic used for the podcast (see below).
Check out my interview with Annette and learn more about the book and the motivation:
New to The Sleepers? In the near future, a technology is created by SleepFree Inc. that allows one person (the sleeper) to sleep for another person (the client), transmitting sleep chemical, dreams, and REM patterns. SleepFree establishes a new peace and order, sedating half of America with stable, mind-numbing jobs. While the world happily sleeps, one sleeper dreams of more.
“In fact, were it given to our human eye to see into the consciences of others, we would judge a man much more surely from what he dreams than from what he thinks.” -Victor Hugo
But what if he does not dream?